How to CHOOSE & INSTALL A WORDPRESS THEME for your Website, Blog or Online Store
Takes 2-3 Minutes
- Step 1: Register DOMAIN & HOSTING (1 Min.)
- Step 2: Install WORDPRESS (1-2 Mins.)
- Step 3: Install THEME (2-3 Mins.)
- Step 4: Customize & Edit (3 Mins+)
Using the same simple step-by-step process above, you are empowered to create a Website, Blog with Online Store ready in no time even if you are a beginner with no prior technical knowledge... LEARN MORE!
A WordPress Theme is the look, feel, style and overall design of your website. It is sort or Premade Design Template of your Website. In essence, it is a direct representation of your brand and has a direct impact on your users’ experience.
WP THEME Highlights
The biggest advantage WordPress Themes is that, you can change the design of your site, in just few clicks.
- Costs: From Free to $80
- WordPress Theme is a Premade Full Website Design Template of your WordPress Website, Blog or Online Store
- Versatile. It allows you to choose a design that suits the look and functionality of your website.
Choosing a THEME ‘Tips’
Flexible & Highly Customizable – choose the one you can easily improve or modify. That way, if you need to add or omit a feature, it won’t be difficult.
Front-End Visual, Drag n’ Drop Builder – to save you tons of time designing.
More Things to Consider on Themes:
- Simpler is Better
- Mobile Responsive
- Easy to Use (Drag n’ Drop Visual Builder)
- Compatibility with Essential plugins
- Checking for Browser compatibility
- Online Store Ready
- Multilingual/translation ready
- User-Friendly Design
- Frequently Updated
- Translation-ready (if you wish to)
STEP 3: Choose & Install A THEME (2-3 Minutes)
Choosing a WordPress Theme is a pretty straightforward process, but one which should be handled with care. Using a crappy theme can negatively affect your site and its design, performance and user-friendliness. When it comes to selecting a theme there are a few options you can choose from to improve the overall look of your website.
CHOOSING “FREE” THEMES
#1. Where to Find FREE Themes
On Choosing Free Themes
While many of the FREE themes available (with some exceptions of course), mostly have basic and limited in features. Nowadays, there are great free themes that you can use such as Astra.
Choosing a Free Theme (Within WordPress Repository).
- WordPress has a huge free WordPress theme Directory.
- You can Search from the official theme repository within your website Admin Dashboard.
- You can also Install a theme directly from within your WordPress dashboard without a manual download from your computer.
- This the most easiest way by far, to install and activate the WordPress free themes.
To decide for a Free Theme, go directly to instruction #3.
#2. DOWNLOADING FREE Themes
Downloading a Free Theme from WordPress Repository is not necessary.
You don’t need to download if you choose a free theme from within WordPress Repository, to install to your website. Go straight to #3.
#3. INSTALLING (Within WordPress Repository)
1] From within your WordPress Theme Directory
Note that this method is only limited to the FREE selections in the WordPress Theme Directory. If that is not an issue to you, follow these steps.
Click Feature Filter to help you sort out choices. Once you have checked all the boxes of your criteria, press Apply Filter. You can either search your desired theme from there, or you can put the name of the theme in the search box as shown below.
Login to your website Admin Dashboard: www.mywebsiteblogstore.com/wp-admin
- Select “APPEARANCE“
- Select “THEMES“
- Click “ADD THEMES“
- “SEARCH” for your “desired Theme” (e.g. Astra) Its the most downloaded Free theme within WordPress repository.
5. Install WordPress Theme
Once you have chosen your desired theme as per your requirements, you just need to click the “Install” button as shown below:
6. Activate WordPress Theme
- It will take 3 to 5 minutes more or less to install a theme on your WordPress dashboard, then all you will see is the message “Installed” at the top of the theme box and the “Activate” button instead of install button, as shown below.
After you’ve done it all, you will see “New theme activated” notification. From there, you can click Visit site to see its appearance live.
CHOOSING “PREMIUM” (PAID) THEMES
#1. Where to Find PREMIUM (PAID) Themes
It’s time to explore Premium Themes in creative marketplaces. Go ahead and find for your desired theme. Then come back and go the next step.
Most Popular & Favorite Stand alone Theme
Most Popular Marketplaces
Here are the most popular marketplaces where you can find great themes you can use.
#2. DOWNLOADING Premium Themes
Please refer to your respective vendor’s instruction on how to download the Theme your have purchased from.
It should be straightforward though.
How to Download your Theme from Envato (Themeforest)
If you’ve purchased your theme at Themeforest, you’ll need to download the theme file before you try and install it.
Downloading Installable File Only (in Zip file).
- Login to your account, go to your downloads and locate your
- Go to the Envato Elements home page,
- Hover over the main menu, then Select “Downloads“. All your items are available for you to download via your download page.
- Select the ITEM you want to download
- Click ‘DOWNLOAD’ theme. Click on the download button and select the “Installable WordPress file only”.
- Your download will now begin…
- This will download the zip file for your theme, ready to be uploaded or installed within your WordPress Dashboard
You should be able to upload this zip file directly within your WordPress Dashboard.
Only DO This when you need to.
Downloading ALL FILES & DOCUMENTATION (OPTION)
Note: You cannot upload the whole folder containing “All Files Documentation). This need to be extracted first. You should only download this when you need a backup of all the files of the product. When you want to go ahead with this option, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Download “All Files and Documentation“.
- You will NEED to extract the files provided in the zip file to locate the installable WordPress file.
- Check your downloads folder,
You should see something similar to the example below.
#3. INSTALLING Premium Themes (By Uploading)
If you choose a premium theme, then it has to be downloaded from the theme vendor’s site and uploaded to your WordPress. If you already have a theme in zip file saved to your computer then you can install it by manually uploading to your website. Don’t worry, it is so easy.
How To Install WordPress Theme By UPLOADING a ‘.zip’ File
First, you’ll need the zip file containing your theme. Once you’ve located the ZIP file, here’s how to install it.
Login to your website Admin Dashboard: www.mywebsiteblogstore.com/wp-admin
Once you’ve logged into the administration area of your WordPress site, you’ll need to navigate to the theme menu by doing the following:
- 1. Select the “APPEARANCE” on the left pane
- 2. Click on “THEMES“
- 3. Click “ADD NEW“
- 4. Click “UPLOAD THEMES” at the top
- 5. Select “CHOOSE FILE” the Zip file you downloaded from your vendor’s website and saved to your PC.
- Navigate to your >> Downloaded File, and >> Select it, then click >>”OPEN“
- Once the upload has completed, you will be presented with an ‘Install Now’ option. Proceed to “Install Now“.
- Once the installation has completed, you will be presented with a successful message.
- You can also activate the theme by selecting ‘Activate’.
And that’s it. You have now installed your WordPress theme. You can now explore the theme’s settings and begin to create your very own website.
Congratulations! Your have done choosing a great design for your Website or Blog or Online Store . . .
This website contains affiliate links. The links may appear on different posts and pages on this site. We may receive compensation in the form of advertising fees or affiliate rewards on sales via the hypertext links to our vendor-partners. We do not markup any prices from any vendors. Thus, there is no additional charge on your part. We in fact, give exclusive bonuses to our customers. The best thing is that, your support in purchasing through these links enables us to keep tons of the site content for FREE; More premium Items at a Lower Price; and some prices of products from our affiliate vendor-partners are at a specially arranged discounted rates. Your support can also help us to cover the costs in operating and maintaining this website.
Documents and other contents posted on this site may also contain links to information created and maintained by Third-Parties. These links are provided solely for your convenience and for your information purposes only. This site is not endorsed by anyone or by any company. This is an independent site. All information (including prices, dates, times, availability) contained on this site are unofficial and subject to change without notice. Please see our FULL DISCLAIMER. Thank you and we appreciate your support!